How to make your own Halloween Painted Rocks Tic Tac Toe Game!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Here’s a fun Halloween craft that’s beginner-friendly and you probably have everything you need right at home.
This Halloween painted rocks tic tac toe game, this is a perfect craft project if you’re planning a spooky Halloween party.
Monsters vs. Aliens is our theme for this Halloween themed Painted Rocks project.
This spooky Halloween craft is a part of another post called, 31 Days of Halloween Rocks, check it out for more boo-tiful rock painting ideas.
If you’re new to rock painting, go to Start Here to get all the beginner rock painting tips and find out the best tools to use!
Rock Hunting 101
- Start by searching in your own backyard for rocks to paint. Public areas such as parks and hiking trails are great places to find rocks.
- It’s against the law to remove rocks or even leave your painted rocks in National or State Parks.
- You can even try home improvement stores, a local garden center, or stone yard to purchase your rocks.
- Next, it’s time to clean the rocks using soapy water to remove dust or dirt. Let them dry completely before starting the project.
Halloween Painted Rocks Tic Tac Toe Game Tutorial:
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Paint Pens
- Paint Palette
- Clear Sealer Spray
- Googly eyes
- Craft Glue
- Wooden board (found in most craft stores, I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
- We choose to do a Monsters vs. Aliens Tic Tac Toe project. Now, go ahead and paint five green rocks and five purple rocks.
- Use a paint pens to draw spooky faces. I used googly eyes on our monster rocks.
- Once the aliens and monster rocks are done, let the paint dry completely before spraying the clear sealer.
- Then we painted the wooden board with black craft paint. I used a ruler to draw the tic tac toe grid on the painted board with a white crayon.
Here are some more Halloween Rock Painting Ideas:
- Pumpkins & Jack O’ Lanterns
- Black Cats
- Sugar Skulls
Extra Craft Items to use to for Halloween Rocks:
Helpful Rock Painting Tips…
- Acrylic paint is water-based, fast-drying paint, but it’s also easy to clean off of skin.
- Read our post on 35 acrylic painting tips that will blow your mind!
- Follow the directions on the clear sealer spray and be sure to use in a well-ventilated area such as outside.
Have you made your own Halloween Painted Rocks Tic Tac Toe Game?
If so, let me know in the comments below.
Also, share your rock art in Rock Painting Guide’s Facebook Group page, here.
There you can post your rock painting questions, give advice on rock painting, share your rock art, and join the fun with our amazing rock painters beginners and pros!